Ilaria is an illustrator, collage artist and graphic designer based in London. She has a versatile skill base ranging from illustration, printmaking, animation to different fields of design (graphic, fashion and interior).
Ilaria believes that art and design are perfect tools through which people can reflect on their lives and take a step forward to the journey of self-knowledge.
About Ilaria’s illustrations
In her illustration work, Ilaria explores serious and deep subjects, including life mysteries, spirituality and self-reflection. Her illustrations are elegant, sometimes surreal and they draw influence from religions and African culture.
Ilaria primarily uses the collage and photomontage techniques to create her illustrations which have the aim to shock and amuse people, stimulating their eyes and mind. During the collage making process, the artist enjoys combining visually evocative elements to create engaging images, often symmetrical and thought-provoking with a keen sense of fashion.
About Ilaria’s Graphic Design
Ilaria’s graphic design work comes from a problem-solving base, making detailed information easy to read and pleasurable to view. She uses an open-minded approach that allows her to mix ideas and information from unexpected sources. When possible she loves using visual storytelling to express complex concepts.
Studies and affiliations
Ilaria studied Interior Design at Politecnico di Milano, in Milan and Communication Design: Illustration at Kingston University in London. She is passionate and enthusiastic about her work and she loves to keep herself very busy working on multiple projects at once. Besides her current job, she is a member of The Storybox Collective a group of illustrators and designers who interact with archival material to create outputs relevant to a contemporary audience. And of Cluster Illustration an artists and illustrators community that thanks to a unique approach towards exhibiting and experiencing the creative arts, support fresh and emerging designers and brands who are not afraid to be active, innovative and different.
- “Idiom Home Show”, London Design Week, 3 Westland Place, London – September 2019
- “Unison” Cluster Illustration Exhibition at Unit 5 Gallery, London – August 2019
- “Metamorphosis” Cluster Illustration Exhibition at Ugly Duck, London – May 2019
- Storybox: Tales of Absence, ‘What ifs’ and Salvation at Wilton’s Music Hall, London – Nov 2017
- “Master Degree Show” at Gallery Different, London – Aug 2017
- “International exhibition GIDE” at Politecnico di Milan, Milan- Oct 2015
- “Temporalia” at Palazzo Lombardia, Milan – Jul, Aug, Sep 2014
- “22X22 Housing Sotto Soglia” at Fuorisalone, Milan – Apr 2014
- “Caves” at Antonia Jannone’s Gallery, Milan – Jul 2013