Ilaria is an illustrator, collage artist and graphic designer based in London. She has a versatile skill base ranging from illustration, printmaking, animation, graphic design and interior design.
About Ilaria’s illustrations
Her illustration work is unique, elegant and sometimes surreal. Using the collage and photomontage techniques alongside printmaking techniques her illustrations and animations have the aim to shock and amuse people, stimulating their eyes and mind.
During the process of collage making she enjoys combining visually stimulating elements to create engaging images, often symmetrical and thought provoking with a keen sense of fashion.
Ilaria’s most recent illustrative work for CHR (Championship Horse Racing) is focused on the fast-paced yet beautiful elements of contemporary horse racing. As you can see from the title below ‘Autumn Change’ where Ilaria has used bold contrasting colours to bring a scene to life. Other illustrative subjects include lifes mysteries, self-reflection and dance.
About Ilaria’s Graphic Design
Ilaria’s graphic design work comes from a problem-solving base, making detailed information easy to read and pleasurable to view.
Studies and affiliations
Ilaria studied Interior Design at Politecnico di Milano, in Milan and Communication Design: Illustration at Kingston University in London. She is a member of The Storybox Collective a group of illustrators and designers who interact with archival material to create outputs relevant to a contemporary audience. And of Cluster Illustration an artists and illustrators community that thanks to a unique approach towards exhibiting and experiencing the creative arts, support fresh and emerging designers and brands who are not afraid to be active, innovative and different.
- “Unison” Cluster Illustration Exhibition at Unit 5 Gallery, London – August 2019
- “Metamorphosis” Cluster Illustration Exhibition at Ugly Duck, London – May 2019
- Storybox: Tales of Absence, ‘What ifs’ and Salvation at Wilton’s Music Hall, London – Nov 2017
- “Master Degree Show” at Gallery Different, London – Aug 2017
- “International exhibition GIDE” at Politecnico di Milan, Milan- Oct 2015
- “Temporalia” at Palazzo Lombardia, Milan – Jul, Aug, Sep 2014
- “22X22 Housing Sotto Soglia” at Fuorisalone, Milan – Apr 2014
- “Caves” at Antonia Jannone’s Gallery, Milan – Jul 2013