Application for ‘The Feast of Saint Lucy’ event
APPLICATIONS ARE OPEN UNTIL 4TH DECEMBER 2020.
People are now shopping online more than ever! Let’s get the best out of it!
‘The Feast of S.Lucy’ is an event organized to support emerging artists, designers and makers showcasing their work, during these difficult and challenging times, hoping to increase everyone’s Christmas sales.
How will the event work?
- The event will be hosted on www.ilariaantolini.com on a dedicated web page
- Each artist/maker will have a slot on the event web page linking to their own website and social media; driving fans and customers to purchase through your own website. (If you don’t have an online shop yet, this can be used just as a promotional channel and you can collect people’s interest on your products through direct messages they can send on your social channels)
- Each artist/maker will be able to choose one artwork/product which will be promoted and posted on our Instagram page
- The event will be promoted on our social media channels with 2k+ following
- The event will be ‘open’ and remain live on the website and social media from 11 am on Saturday 12th until 6 pm on Sunday 13th.
‘The Feast of Saint Lucy’ online event costs
The participation fee is £6, which will need to be paid in advance to ensure your event participation. Please note, that your place isn’t confirmed until we received your payment. The deadline for the payment is Friday 4th December.
How to apply and what do we need from you?
To apply to participate to the Christmas Online Event please click the link below and submit the form.
- Complete the form with your name, surname, website and Instagram handle
- Please upload your bio (max 50 words) where you describe yourself, your practise and your products.
- If you’d like to offer a discount for the event days please let us know using the form. For the discount code please use SAINTLUCY, so fans and buyers can identify that the offer runs just while the event is live.
- After having completed and sent the form, to complete your application please send 2 images (one to use on our website slot and one to use as a promo on our Instagram page) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please format your image title as follow: NameSurname_ProductName(or artwork title).
We will be in touch via email by the 3rd of December to confirm whether your application has been successful and to send you the details of how to pay.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
We very much look forward to receiving your application.
If selected as a participant, we will provide you with a short guide to help you promote the event to your own audience and fans, to ensure you make the most of the event!
Curiosity about ‘The Feast of Saint Lucy’
The event runs the 12th and 13th of December and the reason behind it is that these days coincide with Christian feast day which commemorates Lucia of Syracuse (Saint Lucy), an early-4th-century virgin martyr under the Diocletianic Persecutions, who brings gifts to good children the night between 12th and 13th of December. According to tradition, she arrives in the company of a donkey and her escort, Castaldo and she secretly enters in houses to leave presents under the Christmas tree. To receive the gifts Children are asked to leave some coffee for Lucia, a carrot for the donkey and a glass of wine for Castaldo and they also must sleep when she comes to avoid to seeing her!